Once again, the Nassau County Boards of the Ancient Order of Hibernians and Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians will be hosting our 46th Annual Feis & Festival on September 16th at Nickerson Beach, 880 Lido Blvd, Lido Beach. We need the help of all Hibernians in Nassau County, men and women, both physically and financially.
We need you help to continue promoting our Irish heritage and culture on Long Island. It is a big undertaking to run an outdoor event like this; fabricating stages, supplying and erecting tents, etc. The expenditure for the event tends to be more than the income.
Here are a few ways you can help. Enclosed you will find:
- Journal contract –Please consider taking an ad in our journal. We have an outstanding feis honoree this year, Richard O’Neill. Richie has been a active member of the Feis Committee for many years. He is currently the President of AOH Div 7. He was honored as Aide to the Grand Marshal in the 2018 NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade. He is the past AOH Nassau County Treasurer. Please consider taking a journal ad to show your support. You do not have to own a business to take an ad. Personal ads are more than welcome
- Purchase some raffle tickets— enclosed please find a book of raffle tickets $5 each or a book of 5 tickets for $20. If you require more or would consider selling some books to your friends, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask for more.
- Sponsor a stage – We are in need or stage sponsors. It costs a lot of money to maintain our stages. Last year we covered two of our stages, our future goal is to cover all four of our stages. To purchase the tents alone cost in excess of $15,000.
- Donations – Any donations no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. We are an IRS 501 (C3) Corporation.
- Get involved– It takes a lot of manpower to run an event like this. We need help at all levels, both physical and non-physical. If you wish to be on our email list, please include it in the return address envelope. All Hibernians are welcome and encouraged to attend our meetings.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your support.
In Friendship, Unity, and Christian Charity,
Mike Byrne NC Feis Chairman 516-782-4762 Mbyrne@nassauaoh.com